Jul 06 2023 04:33 AM
Jul 06 2023 04:33 AM
The environment is Exchange Online. There is User A who has full access with automapping enabled to user B's mailbox. User C has full access to user A's mailbox (with no automapping but in this case I think it is irrelevant).
If I open user C's Outlook, and adding from file > + Add account > user A mail address, using user C's credential (this is to create separate OST file, but this is also irrelevant). After Outlook restart I can see user A mailbox, but here comes my problem, I can see user B's name as a separate e-mail account. I can not open it of course I do not have rights. But I can see it. This is a simple example to understand the problem. Image it in bigger numbers, with circular access rights. It is a nightmare.
Who can I hide user B's mailbox?
Turning off automapping in user A's mailbox is not a really good solution (again numbers in real life).
I hope my question/ problem is understandable. If you need any more information let me know.
Jul 06 2023 06:34 AM
To address this problem you can follow these steps:
1. Grant User C Full Access permissions to User A's mailbox
2. Disable automapping for User C's access to User A's mailbox: disable automapping for User C's access to User A's mailbox with the use of the following PowerShell command:
Set-MailboxPermission -Identity "UserA" -User "UserC" -Automapping $false
Replace "User" with the email addresses of your users (A and C)
3. Remove User B's mailbox from User C's Outlook profile: After disabling automapping, User B's mailbox should no longer be automatically added to User C's Outlook profile. If it is still visible, you can remove it by following these steps:
- Open Outlook and go to File > Account Settings > Account Settings.
- In the Email tab, select User B's mailbox and click Remove.
Disabling automapping for User C's access to User A's mailbox and removing User B's mailbox from User C's Outlook profile, you should be able to hide User B's mailbox from User C's view.
Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.
Jul 06 2023 06:38 AM