EXCHANGE1\ECP (Default Web Site)' couldn't be found on 'ADC1.domain.local'.

Copper Contributor
In order to address the latest Exchange vulnerabilities I needed to upgrade our onPrem Exchange 2016 servers from CU 16 to CU 19. (I just inherited this).
Our onPrem Exchange stuff is virtually unused as we're on 0365, but for some SMTP messages from plant floor devices, we keep the environment running.

During the upgrade, I am getting the following error That appears to be related to an SPN value in AD that isn't there. Any suggestions for resolving this?
Error:
The following error was generated when "$error.Clear();
$FEECPVdirIdentity = $RoleNetBIOSName + "\ECP (Default Web Site)";
$FEECPVdir = get-EcpVirtualDirectory -Identity $FEECPVdirIdentity -DomainController $RoleDomainController;

if ($FEECPVdir -ne $null)
{
Set-EcpVirtualDirectory -Identity $FEECPVdir.Identity -ExternalUrl $FEECPVdir.ExternalUrl -InternalUrl $FEECPVdir.InternalUrl -ExternalAuthenticationMethods $FEECPVdir.ExternalAuthenticationMethods -BasicAuthentication ([Convert]::ToBoolean($FEECPVdir.BasicAuthentication)) -WindowsAuthentication ([Convert]::ToBoolean($FEECPVdir.WindowsAuthentication)) -DigestAuthentication ([Convert]::ToBoolean($FEECPVdir.DigestAuthentication)) -FormsAuthentication ([Convert]::ToBoolean($FEECPVdir.FormsAuthentication)) -LiveIdAuthentication ([Convert]::ToBoolean($FEECPVdir.LiveIdAuthentication)) -AdfsAuthentication ([Convert]::ToBoolean($FEECPVdir.AdfsAuthentication));
}
" was run: "Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.ManagementObjectNotFoundException: The operation couldn't be performed because object 'EXCHANGE1\ECP (Default Web Site)' couldn't be found on 'ADC1.domain.local'.
at Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.Task.ThrowError(Exception exception, ErrorCategory errorCategory, Object target, String helpUrl)
at Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.GetObjectWithIdentityTaskBase`2.InternalProcessRecord()
at Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.Task.<ProcessRecord>b__91_1()
at Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.Task.InvokeRetryableFunc(String funcName, Action func, Boolean terminatePipelineIfFailed)".
1 Reply

@DS_Clark 

were u able to fix ur issue ?

I have the same one