Exchange Server ( In-place Archive)

Copper Contributor
We have an exchange server 2019 with the latest CU , it's working perfectly untill we enabled in-place Archive 1-The archive policy is set to 2 years , but it's not archiveing as per the policy 2 - The archive database Size is more then the archive mailbox size Did any one come across this problem?
2 Replies
Hello Marwan2525,

It's Ahmed :)

Here are some potential Troubleshooting steps, tha may help you solve your issue. (As I'm not authorized to Ask or Check Logs in public)

1. Verify that the archive policy is set up correctly and that the mailbox is included in the policy.

2. Check the mailbox retention settings to ensure that they are set up correctly and that the mailbox is not being deleted before the archive policy can take effect.

3. Check the archive mailbox size to ensure that it is not full. If it is full, you may need to increase the size of the archive mailbox or delete some items to make space.

4. Check the event logs for any errors or warnings related to the archive process.

5. Check the status of the Microsoft Exchange Mailbox Replication service to ensure that it is running.

6. Check for any issues with the database or storage where the archive mailbox is located.

7. Try running the Start-ManagedFolderAssistant cmdlet to manually initiate the archive process.

8. If none of the above steps resolve the issue, you may want to consider creating a new archive mailbox and moving the items from the old one to the new one. You can do this using the New-MoveRequest cmdlet.

If my solution was helpful, please mark this question as answered and consider giving it a thumbs up.
Your positive feedback motivates me to continue assisting others.
Thank you for letting me be a part of your journey to finding a solution!
Ahmed

@Ahmed_Masoud97 

thank you very much for your reply 

But I had done all the steps you mentioned 

The size of the archive database is bigger then the size of the archive mailbox 

The email that are marked for archive by the policy are moved from the primary mailbox but does not appear in the archive mailbox 

And the archive database keeps growing in size but the archive mailboxes are the same and no new items are shown in the archive mailboxes 

There is no errors at all