SOLVED

Exchange Online/Outlook - Several mailboxes & Read/Unread Message Status

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

I'm a beginner in Exchange Online. So I hope to be able to formulate my question.
My requirements are these:

- My organization has 5 nominative email accounts and we want to keep it (ie: david@mycompany.com, we don't want a generic/impersonal email address like sales@mycompany.com)

- We need that everyone can have a look to all these 5 mailboxes (ie: A can read the B's received and sent emails)

- We need that everyone has his own read/unread status management (ie: If A read a B's email, C still have a unread status for this email)

Which solution could be the best and avoid to copy each message with attachements in each mailbox?

Many thanks for your help.

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Chris_13 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
There's no best solution here. You can use standard mailbox delegation/Full access to grant access, however this does not come with per-user read status. You can look into using Microsoft 365 Groups instead, as they can fit the status requirement (plus everyone can sign up for receiving copies of messages in his own mailbox), but they have some downsides too.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Chris_13 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
There's no best solution here. You can use standard mailbox delegation/Full access to grant access, however this does not come with per-user read status. You can look into using Microsoft 365 Groups instead, as they can fit the status requirement (plus everyone can sign up for receiving copies of messages in his own mailbox), but they have some downsides too.

View solution in original post