Exchange Online Calendar Permissions

%3CLINGO-SUB%20id%3D%22lingo-sub-1989471%22%20slang%3D%22en-US%22%3EExchange%20Online%20Calendar%20Permissions%3C%2FLINGO-SUB%3E%3CLINGO-BODY%20id%3D%22lingo-body-1989471%22%20slang%3D%22en-US%22%3E%3CP%3EHi%2C%20after%20migrating%20from%20Exchange%20hosted%20to%20MS%20365%2C%20we%20have%20noticed%20that%20a%20few%20users%20calendar%20permissions%20for%20%22My%20Organization%22%20changes%20to%20None.%26nbsp%3B%20We%20run%20a%20script%20to%20update%2Fchange%20the%20permissions%20to%20AvailabilityOnly%2C%20but%20overnight%20it%20changes%20back%20to%20None.%26nbsp%3B%20This%20happens%20to%20almost%20half%20of%20our%20users%20and%20not%20the%20other%20half.%26nbsp%3B%20I%20was%20not%20able%20to%20figure%20out%20why%2C%20how%20or%20where%20to%20look%20as%20to%20why%20this%20happens%2C%20any%20suggestions%26nbsp%3B%3C%2FP%3E%3C%2FLINGO-BODY%3E%3CLINGO-LABS%20id%3D%22lingo-labs-1989471%22%20slang%3D%22en-US%22%3E%3CLINGO-LABEL%3EExchange%20Online%3C%2FLINGO-LABEL%3E%3CLINGO-LABEL%3EOffice%20365%3C%2FLINGO-LABEL%3E%3C%2FLINGO-LABS%3E%3CLINGO-SUB%20id%3D%22lingo-sub-1989789%22%20slang%3D%22en-US%22%3ERe%3A%20Exchange%20Online%20Calendar%20Permissions%3C%2FLINGO-SUB%3E%3CLINGO-BODY%20id%3D%22lingo-body-1989789%22%20slang%3D%22en-US%22%3E%3CP%3EThe%20Default%20value%20in%20O365%20is%20%22AvailabilityOnly%22%2C%20you%20most%20likely%20have%20some%20background%20process%20updating%20this.%20Check%20the%20admin%20audit%20logs%20in%20Exchange%2FUnified%20Audit%20Log%20in%20the%20SCC.%3C%2FP%3E%3C%2FLINGO-BODY%3E%3CLINGO-SUB%20id%3D%22lingo-sub-1993505%22%20slang%3D%22en-US%22%3ERe%3A%20Exchange%20Online%20Calendar%20Permissions%3C%2FLINGO-SUB%3E%3CLINGO-BODY%20id%3D%22lingo-body-1993505%22%20slang%3D%22en-US%22%3E%3CP%3E%3CA%20href%3D%22https%3A%2F%2Ftechcommunity.microsoft.com%2Ft5%2Fuser%2Fviewprofilepage%2Fuser-id%2F58%22%20target%3D%22_blank%22%3E%40Vasil%20Michev%3C%2FA%3E%26nbsp%3B%2C%20thanks%20but%20noting%20in%20the%20audit%20logs%20for%20one%20of%20the%20users%20and%20I%20just%20checked%20and%20the%20permissions%20were%20changed%20back%20to%20None.%26nbsp%3B%20Audit%20logs%20shows%20nothing%20for%20the%20user%20and%20I'm%20searching%20for%20all%20activities.%26nbsp%3B%3C%2FP%3E%3C%2FLINGO-BODY%3E%3CLINGO-SUB%20id%3D%22lingo-sub-2067633%22%20slang%3D%22en-US%22%3ERe%3A%20Exchange%20Online%20Calendar%20Permissions%3C%2FLINGO-SUB%3E%3CLINGO-BODY%20id%3D%22lingo-body-2067633%22%20slang%3D%22en-US%22%3E%3CP%3EWhat%20I%20have%20also%20just%20noticed%20a%20few%20days%20ago%20is%20if%20I%20try%20to%20add%20a%20userA%20to%20UserB%20calendar%20as%20Reviewer%2C%20get%20the%20error%20below.%3C%2FP%3E%3CP%3EAlso%2C%20I%20give%20any%20other%20permissions%20EXCEPT%20reviewer%2C%20very%20odd.%26nbsp%3B%20When%20I%20do%20it%20manually%2C%20it%20also%20last%20for%20what%20seems%20like%2024%20hours.%3C%2FP%3E%3CP%3ENo%20idea%20what%20to%20do%20nect.%3C%2FP%3E%3CP%3E%26nbsp%3B%3C%2FP%3E%3CP%3EYour%20request%20can't%20be%20completed.%20You%20don't%20have%20permission%20to%20share%20this%20calendar.%3CBR%20%2F%3E%2B%20CategoryInfo%20%3A%20NotSpecified%3A%20(%3A)%20%5BAdd-MailboxFolderPermission%5D%2C%20InvalidRequestException%3CBR%20%2F%3E%2B%20FullyQualifiedErrorId%20%3A%20%5BServer%3DBL0PR22MB2402%2CRequestId%3D5bfe7ff7-d9f5-478b-ace9-c9a4722ee9eb%2CTimeStamp%3D1%2F16%2F2021%207%3A40%3A18%20PM%5D%20%5BFailureCategory%3DCmdlet-InvalidRequestException%5D%209949D389%2CMicrosoft.Exchange.Management.StoreTasks.AddMailboxFolderPermission%3CBR%20%2F%3E%2B%20PSComputerName%20%3A%20outlook.office365.com%3C%2FP%3E%3C%2FLINGO-BODY%3E
Occasional Contributor

Hi, after migrating from Exchange hosted to MS 365, we have noticed that a few users calendar permissions for "My Organization" changes to None.  We run a script to update/change the permissions to AvailabilityOnly, but overnight it changes back to None.  This happens to almost half of our users and not the other half.  I was not able to figure out why, how or where to look as to why this happens, any suggestions 

3 Replies

The Default value in O365 is "AvailabilityOnly", you most likely have some background process updating this. Check the admin audit logs in Exchange/Unified Audit Log in the SCC.

@Vasil Michev , thanks but noting in the audit logs for one of the users and I just checked and the permissions were changed back to None.  Audit logs shows nothing for the user and I'm searching for all activities. 

What I have also just noticed a few days ago is if I try to add a userA to UserB calendar as Reviewer, get the error below.

Also, I give any other permissions EXCEPT reviewer, very odd.  When I do it manually, it also last for what seems like 24 hours.

No idea what to do nect.

 

Your request can't be completed. You don't have permission to share this calendar.
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Add-MailboxFolderPermission], InvalidRequestException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : [Server=BL0PR22MB2402,RequestId=5bfe7ff7-d9f5-478b-ace9-c9a4722ee9eb,TimeStamp=1/16/2021 7:40:18 PM] [FailureCategory=Cmdlet-InvalidRequestException] 9949D389,Microsoft.Exchange.Management.StoreTasks.AddMailboxFolderPermission
+ PSComputerName : outlook.office365.com