SOLVED

Exchange Hybrid Wizard Error

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

Currently running Exchange 2010 with the aim to migrate to Exchange online via full classic hybrid model with Centralized tranpsort (need this for 3rd party gateway until all mailboxes are migrated).

Running HCW stops at Configuring mailf flow: HCW0 - Powershell failed to invoke New-InboundConnector: For this service you cant create or update inbound connectors in your organization...... OrganizationInboundConectorProhibitedException

Connectors on prem (Exchange 2010), have been created no issue, but no connectors on Exchange online.

Any idea what the issue is and how to fix, or pointers to create the required Exchange connectors on Exchange online side to create the conenction to on prem manually?

Cheers,

Paul

2 Replies
best response confirmed by pab006 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hi All,

As I am using a devloper licence, turns out Microsoft dont allow inbound connectors anymore, thus no way to test a full hybrid setup :(

Thanks anyway

Paul
with my exchange 2019 setup, I was able to set everything up (full classic hybrid model with Centralized transport) in a test lab.
3 month after, my cert expired and had to rerun the HCW and now I am facing the same problem..
''HCW0 - Powershell failed to invoke New-InboundConnector: For this service you cant create or update inbound connectors in your organization...... OrganizationInboundConectorProhibitedException''
I am also using a developer license, but I though it only effect editing inbound connectors, thats why I tried deleting and old ones and try again, but it also didn't work :(
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by pab006 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hi All,

As I am using a devloper licence, turns out Microsoft dont allow inbound connectors anymore, thus no way to test a full hybrid setup :(

Thanks anyway

Paul

View solution in original post