SOLVED

Exchange Hybrid requirements

Steel Contributor

I wondered if someone here can clear up some confusion I have regarding supported Exchange versions for a hybrid deployment. In the TechNet article titled Hybrid Deployment Prerequisites (found here) that applies to Exchange Online, Exchange Server 2013, Exchange Server 2016, it says:

Hybrid deployments require the latest cumulative update or update rollup available for the version of Exchange you have installed in your on-premises organization. If you can't install the latest cumulative update or update rollup, the immediately previous release is also supported. Older cumulative updates or update rollups aren't supported.

Yet if you click the "Other Versions" option and select Exchange 2010, the only statement about Exchange versions is:

We recommend that you install the latest Exchange 2010 SP3 rollup packages on all hybrid servers to properly configure and avoid problems when configuring a hybrid deployment.

Our customer has Exchange 2010 on-premises, and I'd like to know which is correct.

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Dan Snape (Steel Contributor)
Solution

Both are correct. For Exchange 2013/2016 they support N-1. For Exchange 2010 it's recommended to have SP3 + latest UR to be supported.

Thanks Paul. That's what I was hoping!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Dan Snape (Steel Contributor)
Solution

Both are correct. For Exchange 2013/2016 they support N-1. For Exchange 2010 it's recommended to have SP3 + latest UR to be supported.

View solution in original post