Exchange Hybrid Best Practises about autodiscover

Iron Contributor

Hey guys,

I have now driven some few hybrid migrations. All have been a bit different and sometimes I#m still struggling. So in all cases I have setup an additional Exchange server for the hybrid because it is more clean afterwards. But maybe this is already the issue.

Currently I have a customer, where we already installed the additional Exchange server, but not executed the HCW, because things are moving slow at this company. So I disabled the SCP for this server, but the Outlook clients still see an entry for the new server under connections.

Would it be the best thing to adjust the virtual directories?
What would be the the best practise for setting up a new hybrid server, so that it does not "harm" the existing org?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

woelki

1 Reply

Hey guys,
I really have been looking forward to an answer here. Anybody an idea?

In the meantime we found some further gaps. So we have the two servers in the DAG (EX2013) and the one additional server for the hybrid (EX2016). All mailboxes are located on the DAG. When the users on the client remove the cached mode, the are not able to open the addressbook. So it's the online addressbook, not the offline addressbook.
In advance I have now added the correct virtual directories, so the are all now the same for the 3 Exchange servers.

But it is still not working. So for testing I have moved a productive mailbox to the Hybrid server and here it is all working for the user.

So what can be the issue here? Just the version differences between EX2013 and EX2016.

Kind regards,

woelki