SOLVED

Exchange admin create shared mailbox throwing error

Brass Contributor

Recently we observed couple of administrator with organization management role cannot shared mailbox. 

It will throw an error when creating shared mailbox and assign delegation as below. It basically means cannot find the OU from child domain, however the shared mailbox was not meant to be created on child domain. 

Don_Vlogeer_0-1677804609077.png

Strangely, this issue only happen to certain admin, not sure what permission was missing. 

5 Replies

@Don_Vlogeer 

Could you please provide us either the screenshot or the error in English Language? I awit your kind response. 

Thank you!

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved

If you like my response, please give it a Like :smile:

Appreciate your Kudos! Proud to contribute! :)

PM you the error message when creating shared mailbox, thanks

Dear @Deleted 

Please find below error when creating shared mailbox 

微信图片_20230327160314.png

@Don_Vlogeer 

From the error, it seems like there is a problem with server configuration. From my research, the error message may occur if a wrong server has been specified for an operation that requires a specific server, such as Active Directory connectivity or role assignment. You may need to check your server settings and make sure they match the operation you are trying to perform. 

Kindly review this and probably upgrade the role assigned to the user and try again. Thank you!

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved

If you like my response, please give it a Like :smile:

Appreciate your Kudos! Proud to contribute! :)

best response confirmed by Don_Vlogeer (Brass Contributor)
Solution
After spending some time on digging and comparing the admin roles, server and so on, finally this issue comes to an end.

Ultimately it was because one of the exchange server domain controller using child DC as source. when shared mailbox created and attempt to grant full access or send as delegation it look for child domain instead of parent.

so we update all the exchange server currentconfigdomaincontroller to parent DC and issue never reproduce.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Don_Vlogeer (Brass Contributor)
Solution
After spending some time on digging and comparing the admin roles, server and so on, finally this issue comes to an end.

Ultimately it was because one of the exchange server domain controller using child DC as source. when shared mailbox created and attempt to grant full access or send as delegation it look for child domain instead of parent.

so we update all the exchange server currentconfigdomaincontroller to parent DC and issue never reproduce.

View solution in original post