Exchange 2010 Update Rollup 27

Steel Contributor

Hi all

Hope everyone is well.

Was wondering if someone could perhaps assist me. I am trying install Rollup 27 on my Exchange Server that has the following rollups installed:

9, 11, 17, 19, 21, 23 and 24

I keep getting the following errors. Any ideas? I tried running the install as an administrator. 

2019-05-27 15_41_16-Connections - TTAFDBNVXMR1 - Exchanges - Royal TS.png2019-05-27 15_41_25-Connections - TTAFDBNVXMR1 - Exchanges - Royal TS.png

5 Replies

Hi@Navishkar Sadheo 

Just to let you know that on January 14, 2020, Exchange Server 2010 will reach end of support.  So best possible option is to discuss a possible migration to a newer version or move to Office365 Cloud solution.

The recommended process for installing Update Rollups on the server, is using an elevated command prompt (Open a CMD with Run As Administrator) and make sure the Update Rollup is located on a local drive of the server and start the installer using:

example: msiexec /update <UPDATE .MSP FILE>

How to Start Setup Wizard:

msiexec /update Exchange2010-KB3184728-x64-en.msp

How to install the Update Rollup unattended (silent) add the following parameter (/quiet):

msiexec /update Exchange2010-KB3184728-x64-en.msp /quiet

If you find this answer helpful, please mark it as "Best Answer"

Thnak you 

Dav,

@Deleted  I am planing to upgrade to Exchange 2016. My current setup is a hybrid. Do you have any tips or advice for me?

Hi@Navishkar Sadheo 

It is a great idea to upgrade to Exchange 2016. Exchange 2016 has a cloud-based application called Hybrid Configuration Wizard (HCW) that helps to connect with other Microsoft tools like Office 365 in real-time. Improves diagnostics and troubleshooting make it ideal for your hybrid deployments.

First you need to make sure "Update Rollup 27" is currently installed on your Exchange 2010

The next step is to consider updating the Directory Service Requirement and Outlook Client. For Exchange 2016, the minimum Directory Service Requirement is AD Functional Level 2008, and for Outlook Client, it is Exchange 2016 Support Outlook 2010 and above on Windows and Mac Outlook 2011 and above on Mac. You should update clients to this minimum supported version before implementing Exchange 2016.

Prepare the System for Exchange Server 2016

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/plan-and-deploy/system-requirements?view=exchserver-2019

Make sure your system meets all these prerequisites before installing Exchange 2016.

Next, you have to prepare the schema update. This step is irreversible, so make sure you have a full backup of Active Directory before proceeding.

A good part about this migration is you don't have to worry much about changing HTTPS names for OWA as both the versions support the same set of naming services and active sync directories.

Install Active Directory for Exchange 2016

Install Exchange 2016

Fortunately, this is also the easiest step in the migration process as the configuration wizard takes care of most things for you! Browse through the setup directory, and run the file called Setup.exe.

Once the installation is complete, click on the Finish button. This will load the Exchange Admin Center on the browser. Exchange management console in 2010 is replaced with a web-based Exchange Admin Center in 2016. This is the place where you can have greater control over all operations.

After installing Exchange 2016 successfully, update the Service Connection Point for AutoDiscover.
Update the settings of Outlook Anywhere.
Configure your Receive Connector to relay email applications.

Test your configuration
Test if your configurations work. It's best to create a new user to login and test the account functionality. If all is good, migrate all users from the Exchange 2010 to the Exchange 2016 database.

Much has changed between Exchange 2010 and Exchange 2016, so it's best you migrate to the latest version to make the most of the new functionalities.

Trust me migrating to 2016 is not so difficult when you plan it properly.

Thank you

Dav,

@Deleted Thanks Dav. So if I understand it correctly after installing the Exchange 2016 Server I should run the HCW again?

Check your execution policy on Powershell, set it to unrestricted, try run the update again from an elevated prompt and then set it back to what you had it as.