Exchange 2010 (to O365) Public Folder migration issue

Copper Contributor

Hi,

We had a single Exchange 2010 server and have added a 2016 "Hybrid" server and have migrated all the mailboxes to O365.

Now it's time to migrate the public folders off 2010 to O365, however, we have constant fails which I believe come down to legacy (2003) public folders which were never migrated correctly.

We have 2x address books for the old 2003 org, and also the OAB Version 2 public folders.

These are mail enabled (despite me having told them to disable the mail side of things) and they also have invalid names "\" or "/" characters.

Every time I sync / restart the public folders, these cause issues and the sync will fail.

"Last successful sync date: 8/5/2020 3:08:03 PM

Error: MigrationPermanentException: An error occurred while running : Parameter set cannot be resolved using the specified named parameters. --> Parameter set cannot be resolved using the specified named parameters"

Is it safe to remove these old legacy folders (as there is no 2003 in the environment) and if so, how?

Reluctant to just ADSIedit them out as I don't want to cause issues, but not seeing another way to do this.

Any info would be great - many thanks, James.

0 Replies