Aug 24 2022 11:56 PM
Aug 24 2022 11:56 PM
Since yesterday, my synchronization application starts throwing exceptions with the following error
"An internal server error occurred. The operation failed."
It only happen for mailboxes when I authenticatate with oAuth (CreateWithApplicationOptions).
Has anyone experienced the same and found a solution?
Tracing the call:
<Action s:mustUnderstand="1" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/ws/2005/05/addressing/none">*</Action>
<faultstring xml:lang="en-US">An internal server error occurred. The operation failed.</faultstring>
<e:Message xmlns:e="http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/services/2006/errors">An internal server error occurred. The operation failed.</e:Message>
Aug 25 2022 12:46 AM
I've found out that the problem can be solved by added a header after setting ImpersonalteUserId
Aug 25 2022 04:37 AM - edited Aug 25 2022 04:37 AM
Thanks for sharing. This solved our issue as well
Aug 25 2022 08:22 AM
Aug 25 2022 09:27 AM
Aug 26 2022 06:23 AM
We have similar problem these days. Getting back the same error which tell nothing.
However, we already use the header "X-AnchorMailbox". Strange is that the error is not permanent but occurs occasionally (these days quite often). Retry after few minutes usually passes.
Aug 26 2022 09:55 AM - edited Aug 26 2022 10:24 AM
Also using the x-anchorMailbox, and still getting the same problem. It is erroring on the finditems call.
2022-08-26 09:29:45.399 [(T06) VSLLC:RestoreArchive:AsProcess08:Schedule(10):Exch] - [TraceFlags.EwsResponse]
<Trace Tag="EwsResponse" Tid="6" Time="2022-08-26 14:29:45Z" Version="15.00.0913.015">
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<h:ServerVersionInfo MajorVersion="15" MinorVersion="20" MajorBuildNumber="5588" MinorBuildNumber="3" Version="V2018_01_08" xmlns:h="http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/services/2006/types" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" />
<m:FindItemResponse xmlns:m="http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/services/2006/messages" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:t="http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/services/2006/types">
<m:MessageText>The mailbox operation failed.</m:MessageText>
Aug 26 2022 10:15 AM
Same here, we are already using:
We've been getting this error for a few days now:
"Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ServiceResponseException: An internal server error occurred. The operation failed."
It happens when calling the function:
ewsClient.ResolveName(searchStr, ResolveNameSearchLocation.DirectoryOnly, True)
The console application is running from an Azure VM.
The strange thing is, when I run the same application from my laptop locally, it works. No error.
Aug 26 2022 01:19 PM
Same error here, but only intermittently. Odd that it cropped up seemingly just this week.
Aug 26 2022 02:07 PM
i am getting same error as well. I already include the header for the impersonated mailbox.
It is intermittent but often enough that it is a serious problem.
please post back if you find a solution.
Aug 26 2022 11:24 PM
Aug 28 2022 02:34 AM
We are experiencing the same. Logs in our product show that this error had a surge over the past week. Seems like a problem with MS.
Aug 31 2022 01:06 PM
Our QA team has noticed this problem happening recently as well (started reporting Aug 29, 2022 but it probably started earlier than that). The issue is still ongoing for us.
Sep 01 2022 01:18 PM
Sep 07 2022 11:18 AM
I have the same issue.
And I discovered null prefix in token string in trace of EwsRequest:
...wsse:Security soap:mustUnderstand='1'> nulleyJ0eXAiOiJK...
Sep 07 2022 11:22 AM
This error has stopped happening for us this week. QA has verified that it is no longer occurring over multiple days. We made no change on our side, so it was definitely a change on the Microsoft side which caused it and resolved it.
Sep 08 2022 12:59 AM
@MikeCoop I am alos getting the same error. Its working locally and getting this issue on server randomly. I will suggest you to open a ticket on microsoft.
Sep 16 2022 06:21 AM
We have fixed this problem:
1. Get token with scope - `https://outlook.office365.com/EWS.AccessAsUser.All`
2. Add the token to headers:
var service = new ExchangeService(ExchangeVersion.Exchange2010_SP2); service.setUrl(URI.create("https://outlook.office365.com/ews/exchange.asmx")); service.getHttpHeaders().put("Authorization", "Bearer " + token);