SOLVED

DR Exchange Server Cluster Failed to start - EventID 5398

Copper Contributor

I'm having this issue with one of my clients where their DR Exchange server frequently down. Basically they have to restart or reboot the server then the problem will be gone temporary. But after few days or a week then problem came back, in the event logs comes out lots of critical and errors. As you can see below are few of the examples from the event log that I capture from their DR exchange server.

Anyone can help as to what I can do to troubleshoot this issue and how do I solve this? and What causes this to happen?

eventID 2.PNG

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Eddy-365 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
If the cluster is failing continually, I typically suspect a network issue. Not a fan of "DR" servers in a DAG since they tend to get treated differently than the "Primary" servers.

@andydavid1 Hi there, i've double checked with my colleague and customer side as well, you are definitely right. Thanks a lot for the info, I appreciate it!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Eddy-365 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
If the cluster is failing continually, I typically suspect a network issue. Not a fan of "DR" servers in a DAG since they tend to get treated differently than the "Primary" servers.

View solution in original post