Do any Android Apps support EAS 16.1 for Selective Wipe?

Steel Contributor

Howdy,

I'm investigating our options for wiping people's devices, or more importantly NOT having to wipe people's devices, and I see that the Selective Wipe was introduced with EAS 16.1. I'm currently testing some app options on Android and iOS so we can tell our users what happens based on their phone and app.

I'm currently using a Pixel that just upgraded to Android 10. It uses the Gmail app as the native email app. When I configured Gmail to access my email account, I have to grant it access and all that works fine.  However, when I then check the device in EAS, it shows it's using EAS 16.0 which means I have to wipe the whole phone.

Does the Outlook app support EAS 16.1 or is it a phone OS thing and non Android devices support it?  If none do, does that mean we'd have to use the MDM solution if we wanted to do a selective wipe?

Also, how long does it take to start the actual wipe?  I clicked the Wipe Device button and then clicked OK (why is there no Cancel button).  This then changes the Status to Wipe Pending - Pending.  If I close the Device Details window and open it back up, it just says Access Granted.  Just wondering how to know if it's really trying to do the wipe in the background and if it's just taking a bit...

Thanks!

1 Reply
OK, well... Just issued the wipe from the EAC and even though it says it's using EA 16.0 that does NOT support Selective Wipe, all it did was remove the Office 365 account from within Gmail and left everything else alone. *sigh*