DKIM Network Solutions Hosted Domain

Brass Contributor

I am having difficulty trying to get DKIM enabled for our domain that is hosted on Network Solutions.  I've worked with Microsoft's Tech Support, and don't get me wrong they are absolutely wonderful, but we are not able to get the issue resolved.  The keys are entered exactly as they directed but after 50 hours the CNAME records are not resolving to be able to enable DKIM on the domain.

Any direction or suggestions?

4 Replies

Who is your domain host?

These are the records that should be in your DNS Zone Editor:

1. Host name: selector1._domainkey.<domain> Points to address or value: selector1-<domainGUID>._domainkey.<initialDomain> TTL: 3600
  2. Host name: selector2._domainkey.<domain> Points to address or value: selector2-<domainGUID>._domainkey.<initialDomain> TTL: 3600

What is your domain and I'll check populate the <> fields for you.

Thank you.

We are with Network Solutions. Domain is USTAFlorida.com

Microsoft set this up with me on a screenshare and I have a feeling the alias field for the cname in network solutions is an issue.
Thank you.

We are with Network Solutions. Domain is USTAFlorida.com

Microsoft set this up with me on a screenshare and I have a feeling the alias field for the cname in network solutions is an issue.

This is how the records should go into your DNS:

Host name: selector1._domainkey.ustaflorida.com

Points to address or value: selector1-ustaflorida-com._domainkey.ustaflorida.onmicrosoft.com

TTL: 3600

Host name: selector2._domainkey.ustaflorida.com

Points to address or value: selector2-ustaflorida-com._domainkey.onmicrosoft.com 

TTL: 3600