Display name in Outlook for meeting invitations

Copper Contributor

I've a weird issue, not sure if this is related to Outlook or Exchange.

We use third party tool to host events. When the invitation sent to on-premises users, they see "host" email address in Outlook rather actual sender. For example, meeting@meeting.com is the From address, host@mycompnay.com is the Reply-To address. When end user receives this email in Outlook/OWA, he sees host@mycompnay.com.  Since host@mycompnay.com is part of our GAL, Outlook displays the actual display name based on GAL.

I tracked all hops including Exchange servers, everywhere I see that from address is meeting@meeting.com and Reply-To address is host@mycompany.com, not sure why Outlook/OWA uses Reply-To address to show the sender.  moreover this only happens for meeting invites, if I send non-calendar items, this displays correctly (user sees meeting@meeting.com as sender)

Has anyone had similar experience earlier?

3 Replies

Hi @Prasad3435,

contact to developer of the third-party piece of software and ask them don't use Reply-To.

Still trying the for the solution. But I think this is related to the message class. More to follow!
Create a transport agent that will clear the Reply-To: in the meeting invitations.