Customize recipient notification

Copper Contributor

In the EAC->Mailflow->Rules, does anyone know if it's possible to include the from email address and subject line in the message sent to a user when an email is blocked? For instance, I have a rule to block certain phrases in the subject line that sends the user a notification that it was sent to quarantine when blocked:

Block by subject

If the message...

Includes these patterns in the message subject: 'Example1' or 'Example2' or...

Do the following...

Set audit severity level to 'Medium'
and Generate recipient notification and include the following content: '
An email with the subject of this message has been quarantined. The rule that was used was "Block by subject".'
and Deliver the message to the hosted quarantine.

Even though the notification they get has the subject line of the blocked email in the subject line of the notification email, I was wondering if there were any system variables we could use in the recipient notifications that would tell them again. For instance:

and Generate recipient notification and include the following content: 'An email with the subject "VAR_SUBJECT" from the email address "VAR_FROMADDRESS" has been quarantined. The rule that was used was "Block by subject".'

Too many times users do not read the subject line and ask me what it's about and who it's from before they ask me to release it (we're not licensed enough to have the users release them themselves). Was hoping that this would make it easier for them to identify whether it's something they were expecting or just junk.

Thank you all in advance!

KDubya

2 Replies
No, not possible with the OOTB functionality. To get something like that, you'd need a custom transport agent, and such are not available in Exchange Online. Unless you want to redirect the mail flow to another system, before delivering it to O365.
Not natively. You can create a combination of a transport rule and a Power Automate flow to do what you want.