Custom GlobalAddressList is empty in OWA but Powershell shows objects

Copper Contributor

I've created custom AddressBookPolicies and have users assigned to them.  This was done 48+ hours ago.

The users see the correct list of Rooms, Address List, and Global Address List.

The Rooms list is empty on purpose.

The Address List has who we would expect in there (4 users).

But, the GlobalAddress for the Policy is blank via OWA (unsure about from Outlook - I always test with OWA).

I can verify with PowerShell the objects I expect to be in there are in there (4 users + 2 senior users + 1 contact) with the command:

Get-GlobalAddressList -Identity "MyDivision Global Address List"; Get-Recipient -ResultSize unlimited -RecipientPreviewFilter $v.RecipientFilter | select Name,PrimarySmtpAddress,HiddenFromAddressListsEnabled | FT

Any ideas?  I thought I just needed to be patient.  But, like I said, it has been over 48 hours and the other address books have populated properly - just not the Global ones.

3 Replies

Hi @HughOD,

you can try forcing a manual update of the Global Address List using the following PowerShell command:

Update-GlobalAddressList -Identity "MyDivision Global Address List"

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)

That won't work as: This cmdlet is available only in on-premises Exchange.

I don't think this is an update issue, as they still aren't showing and it has been 5 days.

Hi @HughOD,

thanks for the update.

You can try to check the HiddenFromAddressListsEnabled attribute:
- check if the HiddenFromAddressListsEnabled attribute is set to $true for your users. If it is, they won’t appear in the address list.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)