CU 22 Update in Exchange server 2016 - Issue

Brass Contributor

Hello Team

I recently tried to update the CU 22 from CU 21 on my exchange server, and one point of time, the setup got failed 

"Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.ServiceCommandException: Service 'Microsoft Exchange Service Host (MSExchangeServiceHost)' cannot be started due to the following error: Cannot start service MSExchangeServiceHost on computer '.'. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot start service MSExchangeServiceHost on computer '.'. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled`

and autoamicatilly my entire exchnage 2016 package got uninstalled. , however the services are disabled from the box

i cannot start it to AUTOMATIC . it said, The file path not found

finally i checked in google and the below link help me update the same CU 21 back to my box

https://cloudbuild.co.uk/tag/cannot-start-service-msexchangeservicehost-on-computer/

Is there any bug ? why the entire exchange 2016 package got uninstalled. ( After Copy the files and it removed the files automatically after its gets failed)

0 Replies