SOLVED

Contact CountryOrRegion field not showing properly in GAL

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

I've been importing contacts into O365 coming from a csv file.

Some countries were misspelled or in a wrong format, after fixing this and redoing Set-Contact for all I notice the updates aren't showing in the GAL in Outlook.

Example:

John Brown had his CountryOrRegion set to Texas. Resulting in the parameter not setting.
After standardizing the info for everyone, in this case to "US", I did a reimport of all the info by using Set-Contact.
Now in the GAL the Country/Region field is still empty.
However, when I do a Get-Contact -Identity JohnBrown |Format-List the CountryOrRegion is properly set to United States.

The issue is resolved by removing John Brown completely and recreating the contact from scratch using the correct parameters.

Is there a way to resolve this other than deleting all my contacts and doing a reimport of everything?

Kind regards,

JPD

1 Reply
best response confirmed by JeanPD (Copper Contributor)
Solution
It takes a while for the changes to be reflected in Outlook's OAB, up to 48h if using Exchange Online. Check in OWA, if you see the country correctly reflected there, it's only a matter of time.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by JeanPD (Copper Contributor)
Solution
It takes a while for the changes to be reflected in Outlook's OAB, up to 48h if using Exchange Online. Check in OWA, if you see the country correctly reflected there, it's only a matter of time.

View solution in original post