SOLVED

Configure S/MIME in OWA

Iron Contributor

I want to configure S/MIME in OWA. I created already a .SST file according to the instructions in the article below (pls. check the screenshot as well):
https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/exchange-team-blog/how-to-configure-s-mime-in-office-365/ba-p...

After that I used the following syntax in Exchange Online PowerShell to save the SST file contents in the Exchange Online virtual certificate store:
Set-SmimeConfig -SMIMECertificateIssuingCA (Get-Content "file path" -Encoding Byte)

When running the cmdlet Set-SmimeConfig in PowerShell, it shows "0" values for the attribute "SMIMECertificateIssuingCA" (pls. check the screenshot as well). So it means, that the certificate was not adopted.

What I do wrong here? Can somebody try to reproduce this issue?

1 Reply
best response confirmed by AtanasM (Iron Contributor)
Solution
It's probably just the first few bytes showing as zeroes, nothing to worry about. You can check the full value via:

Get-SmimeConfig | select -ExpandProperty SMIMECertificateIssuingCA

Do note that you have values for the thumbprint and expiry date, so I'd wager it was uploaded OK.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by AtanasM (Iron Contributor)
Solution
It's probably just the first few bytes showing as zeroes, nothing to worry about. You can check the full value via:

Get-SmimeConfig | select -ExpandProperty SMIMECertificateIssuingCA

Do note that you have values for the thumbprint and expiry date, so I'd wager it was uploaded OK.

View solution in original post