Change global Calendar view setting for all users - possible?

Iron Contributor

We want the default for our Calendars to be "all users' Calendars are set to show Can view titles and locations", so colleagues can see a useful level of detail, not just 'free/busy', when booking meetings.

We have 20k+ users, so asking users to make the change manually, is not an option. 

Is a global change possible? :crossed_fingers:

GeorgeinaBaker_0-1638541654512.png

GeorgeinaBaker_1-1638541998297.png

8 Replies
If you want to enable "LimitedDetails: View availability data with subject and location" for all Internal users. You can run the following command that will change the Default sharing for all the User Mailbox calendars.

$Users = Get-Mailbox -RecipientTypeDetails UserMailbox
ForEach($User in $Users){
$Calendar = $user.alias+”:\Calendar”
Set-MailboxFolderPermission -Identity $Calendar -User Default -AccessRights LimitedDetails}
Thank you! I should’ve said, I’m not a technician. For clarity, your suggestion uses PowerShell, right? And that’s because there’s not a global setting for this available?
:folded_hands:
That's Right.
This method uses PowerShell to set the default permissions
Thanks, I use a similar script too.

However, this goes into each Calendar and makes a change, and has issues in multi-lingual environments.

Would be good, if there was a way to just specify the default permissions for all new accounts.

@Haneef Ibn Ahmad I agree 100%. This should be a default setting - it supports our corporate culture behaviour by baking it in from the outset, so does the adoption for us!

Anyone from Microsoft here? 

Hi Georgina,
Pardon me if being dim but the button underneath is: 'can view all details'. This should provide more than 'free/busy'. Have you tried it?
Kind regards

@Nayan_P you're right! The button is there for individual users. 

We want to make the setting 'can see titles/locations' default for all/new users, globally, not ask them all individually to change their setting. We have 20,000 users and regular turnover so it's not a good use of our time. 

Hi @Georgeina Baker 

There is no such "default setting". The only thing you can do is to use the Script like surajbudhani has been proposed.

I've created something similar and described it here

https://blog.icewolf.ch/archive/2020/10/23/exchange-online-calendar-permissions-with-a-group-for-all... 

Regards

Andres