Can't connect to new Exchange 2019 build.

Copper Contributor

I have just completed a new Exchange 2019 CU11 build in a new domain. It is installed on Windows Server 2019. 

I cannot connect to it via EAC or EMS. EAC says 'The page cannot be found'. EMS has the following:

Connecting to remote server Server FQDN failed with the following error message : The client cannot connect to the destination specified in the request. Verify that the service on the destination is running and is accepting requests. Consult the logs and documentation for the WS-Management service running on the destination, most commonly IIS or WinRM. If the destination is the WinRM service,
run the following command on the destination to analyze and configure the WinRM service: "winrm quickconfig". 

Oddly, if I open an elevated PS session and run add-pssnapin microsoft.exchange.management.powershell.snapin, I can run Exchange commands and get actual results.

I have removed and recreated the ECP virtual directory. I verified the bindings in IIS are correct.

That server is also a domain controller. I know that is not a recommended configuration but I have done this with other versions (2010, 2016) without issue.

Is there somewhere else I should be looking?

2 Replies

Hey @Peter_Jenkins 

Since you have already rebuilt the ECP virtual directory, it would be good to check if the virutal directory is set to right authentication method. Check if the same issue persists with OWA as well for a mailbox enabled user.

Thanks

@harveer singh Thanks for your reply. I have checked the permissions and they seem to be correct.