Calling Exchange Online PowerShell Cmdlets from C# With Modern Authentication

Copper Contributor

Hi Currently We can calling Exchange Online Commandlets With the below code :

WSManConnectionInfo connectionInfo = new WSManConnectionInfo(new Uri("https://outlook.office365.com/PowerShell-LiveID"), exchangeSchema,
                   PowershellCommonUtilities.GetPSCredential(connectInfo.UserName, connectInfo.Password)); connectionInfo.AuthenticationMechanism = AuthenticationMechanism.Basic;
                connectionInfo.IdleTimeout = idleTimeout;
                connectionInfo.OpenTimeout = connectionTimeout;

exchangerunspacepool = RunspaceFactory.CreateRunspacePool(minRunSpace, maxRunspace, connectionInfo);

We need to move this basic Authentication to Modern Authentication. Please let me know if anyone has achieved it.

9 Replies

Hi Vibhor,

Just wanted to check if you found any working solution for this. 

I.e trying to invoke exchange power shell commands from any service using oauth

Hello @Us9898  ,

We are using Exchange Online Remote PowerShell Module , to invoke cmdlets using modern authentication.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/exchange/exchange-online/connect-to-exchange-online-powe...

Hi @VibhorM ,

thanks for the quick reply, I am trying to execute this via backed-services.

which will not need user interaction. 

So i can get the token but after that i cannot connect to the API, via power shell. 

Wondering if you got it working .

thank you

Hello @Us9898  do you find solution to call via backed service ?

Hello @Us9898 

Did you find any solution? We're having the same issue. We are getting the token but cannot connect with API (open run space) using that token.

Please let me know if you got the answer or direction.

Thanks,

Kaiyum

Hello Charles,

Did you find any solution? We're having the same issue. We are getting the token but cannot connect with API (open run space) using that token.

Please let me know if you got the answer or direction.

Thanks,
Kaiyum

@kkothariya 

Hello,

Basic Authentication is disabled since October 2022. So we're having the same issue. Did you find any solution or sample codes.

Thanks,

Hello,

Basic Authentication is disabled since October 2022. So we're having the same issue. Did you find any solution or sample codes.

Thanks,

@VibhorM 

Did you achieve this in c#. 

Can you provide the sample code snippet