SOLVED

Azure AD connect and HCW question

Copper Contributor

We have Azure AD connect V1.4.18.0 currently running to sync our local 2008 AD users for MS Teams and sharepoint in Office 365.  Can I run the Hybrid Configuration Wizard (HCW) to configure a migration platform to transition our 2010 SP3 Exchange mailboxes to Office 365 while running this older version of AD Sync?

3 Replies

@andyo64 
What preventing you from upgrading to the latest AADConnect version?

I could do this but the real question is will the HCW see that I'm syncing appropriately and not try to install other syncing utilities.  @VickVega 

best response confirmed by andyo64 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@andyo64 

The only officially supported approach to sync on-prem users to Azure is AADConnect as much as I'm aware. No other 'sync' tools should be used. You should follow this article on how to perform the upgrade.
Ideally, you also need to make sure your Exchange version is up-to-date, at least at n-1 level. (UR29)
Follow by installing HCW from Office365 portal and you should be in a proper Hybrid state for the migration.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by andyo64 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@andyo64 

The only officially supported approach to sync on-prem users to Azure is AADConnect as much as I'm aware. No other 'sync' tools should be used. You should follow this article on how to perform the upgrade.
Ideally, you also need to make sure your Exchange version is up-to-date, at least at n-1 level. (UR29)
Follow by installing HCW from Office365 portal and you should be in a proper Hybrid state for the migration.

View solution in original post