Archiving emails from Outlook on-prem/Online to SharePoint

Copper Contributor

Has anyone recently encountered problem  of storing old emails from PST or Exchange Online to SharePoint? If so, what is the approach/solution did you used? 

PS: I am not looking to archive mailbox using the retention option in compliance center or save the entire pst into the SharePoint

Thank you in advance for your replied and guidance

5 Replies
Do yourself a favor and stop using PSTs.
Apology. I think I was not clear in my problem description. We want to save emails from these pst files into the SharePoint. Before migrating to exchange online, as per company policy employees used to create one pst for each year. Since it is difficult to search emails that are stored in these old pst we want to move these emails into SharePoint for better visibility.

Has anyone encountered this issue? If so, any suggestion or tool that can help us here.
Ingest them into their mailboxes as individual messages, SharePoint search is not that great when it comes to email messages.
We thought about this but this solution will only solves a problem till employee is there. Once the employee leaves the organization or move to different department then these emails will be difficult to be accessed by the next person. However storing them in SharePoint with proper metadata search will be easier

@Ankur2426 

Hey buddy.

Do you solve that?.

I have the same issue in my company