SOLVED

a question about TrustedSendersAndDomains

Brass Contributor

HI,
I have a question to ask you.
My company is relying on an external company for awareness campaigns against phishing.
Since this external company uses around 70 domains to run awareness campaigns, I should configure these domains as trusted in exchange/outlook.
I would like to know if what I want to do is correct.
I would run the following command
Get-Mailbox | Set-MailboxJunkEmailConfiguration -TrustedSendersAndDomains @{Add="domain name"}
This way I should insert the exception for the domain on all mailboxes.
And I would do this command by inserting one at a time all 70 domains for which I need to make the exception.
It's correct?
Is there maximum limit of TrustedSendersAndDomains in exchnage2016/outlook?

Thank you

Greetings

4 Replies
best response confirmed by pazzoide76 (Brass Contributor)
Solution
If you don't have a message hygiene solution in front of your on-premises Exchange infrastructure, it's probably easier to create a mail flow rule and set the SCL to -1 for messages from those domains

@Dan Snape 

Thanks for the reply.
By doing the transport rules Outlook bypasses the checks and the email is not filtered and ends up in the inbox?

Thank you

Greetings

It's not Outlook doing the checks, it's either Exchange if you have anti-virus or anti-spam enabled, or a 3rd party message hygiene service. The transport rule will set the message to bypass any anti-spam rules, but the anti-virus (malware) rules you can't bypass.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by pazzoide76 (Brass Contributor)
Solution
If you don't have a message hygiene solution in front of your on-premises Exchange infrastructure, it's probably easier to create a mail flow rule and set the SCL to -1 for messages from those domains

View solution in original post