We have released the updated Setup prerequisite files for the problem we wrote about in Exchange 2007 SP2 Setup fails if all domain controllers are running Windows Server 2008 R2. This fix will unblock Exchange 2007 SP2 setup in those environments.
Installation on non-Internet connected computers
Using an Internet connected computer:
1. Download and extract Exchange 2007 SP2 to a local hard drive.
2. Download the updated ExBPA.PreReqs.xml and ExBPA.Readiness.xml files listed below. Please note: We suggest that you right-click the link and select "Save target as..." as otherwise the XML file might open in your browser window:
3. Save the files to your local hard drive.
Note: Do not make any modifications to downloaded xml files. Modifying those files will result in Setup failure.
4. Locate ExBPA.PreReqs.xml and ExBPA.Readiness.Xml files which were extracted from the Exchange 2007 SP2 download. The default location is "Setup\ServerRoles\Common\<language>". Rename original XML files to something else or save them to a different location.
5. Place the ExBPA.PreReqs.xml and ExBPA.Readiness.Xml files which you downloaded into the place of original xml files.
6. Copy the Exchange 2007 SP2 setup files that you have modified to the non-Internet connected Exchange Server which you are trying to upgrade to Exchange 2007 SP2.
7. Run Setup on the non-Internet connected computer by using the files you copied as per above.
If you are installing Exchange 2007 SP2 from the DVD media
1. Copy the Setup files to the local hard drive. This step is necessary, because if Setup is run from a DVD, it will not check for updated XML files. This applies to both Internet and non-Internet connected computers.
2. Follow the applicable directions from above, depending on if the computer is connected to the Internet or not.
Once the new XML files are in the right place, Exchange 2007 SP2 setup should pass the prerequisite check phase if there are only Windows 2008 R2 domain controllers in the environment.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.