The new Exchange admin center (EAC) is a modern, accessible, web-based management portal for managing Exchange Online that is based on the Microsoft 365 admin center experience. The new EAC is simple and accessible, and it enables you perform tasks like restoring mailboxes, migrating data, and much more.
Since entering Public Preview in June 2020, over half a million admins around the world have used it. We thrived on the feedback of our early adopters and we have steadily improved the new EAC with the help from a great community of early users.
Today, we are excited to announce that the new EAC is now generally available for customers (including GCC customers) in 10 languages. With this announcement, we are also releasing a new dashboard, new usability features, and several intelligent reports to help admins be more productive in their work. The new EAC is expected to be available to customers in GCC High in early August 2021, and to customers in DoD near the middle of calendar year 2022.
Here are some highlights:
- Personalized Dashboard, Reports, Insights - The new EAC offers actionable insights and includes reports for mail flow, migration, and priority monitoring.
- Azure Cloud Shell - Cloud Shell is a browser-accessible shell that provides a command-line experience built with Azure management tasks in mind. It enables admins to choose a shell experience that best suits their workstyle.
- Mailbox management and recover deleted items - Recipient management is one of the most crucial tasks that admins perform. The new EAC now includes easier mailbox management.
- Modern, simplified management of Groups - The new EAC also enables you to create and manage 4 types of groups: Microsoft 365 Groups, distribution lists, mail-enabled security groups, and dynamic distribution lists.
- Migration - The new EAC supports various kinds of migrations, including cross-tenant migrations for M&A scenarios, and automation Google Workspace/G-Suite migrations.
- Left navigation panel - The new EAC also includes a new left navigation panel to make it easier to find features.
You can access EAC today at https://admin.exchange.microsoft.com.
To learn more, check out https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/exchange-admin-center.
Take a tour of the new EAC at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/videoplayer/embed/RE4FqDa.