I have been working on this xlsm file. All of a sudden it wasn't responding anymore and kept using around 100% of CPU resources. I can't even scroll around anymore without the file glitching. It doesn't make a difference if I choose to disable or enable macros upon opening the file.
After some of my own troubleshooting, I contacted MS support. This is what we tried:
- We reinstalled Excel – didn't work;
- We tried to convert the file ('save as') xlsx – didn't work;
- We tried to convert to xls, that worked but the new file was behaving the same (bad) way.
The support assistant referred me to MS Tech Community (here).
The thing I tried before posting here is getting rid of the macros (which I don't need anymore). I would like to keep the formatting intact since that's part of the work I have been doing in my file, so csv is not an option. However, that didn't allow me convert the file either. I need help. Thanks a million in advance.
error message when trying to save as .xlsx:
"Errors were detected while saving ’/path/to/location/of/file.xlsx’. Microsoft Excel may be able to save the file by removing or repairing some features. To make the repairs in a new file, click Continue. To cancel saving the file, click Cancel."
--> Needless to say: Excel was not able to save the file.