.xls files are opening at corner of the screen mac os

Copper Contributor

Hello

I have this problem for a long time but haven't paid attention to it. I am tired of getting all xls files opening at the corner. I tried saving it in other locations of the screens, it didn't help. Excel updated several times already, situation haven't changed. 

Help me to solve this problem, please. I attached screenshot of how the problem looks and with excel version.

2020-04-03_19-29-58.png

4 Replies

@lama-jama If you adjust the window position and size and save it, then close and re-open, does it continue to open in the corner?  Does it make a difference if you save it as an XLSX file rather than XLS (old format)?

@Steve_K_Excel Hi, I tried adjusting and saving but it didn't help. It is working with xlsx files but not with the  xls. I have bunch of the colleagues who's working with xls that's why I need to know how to solve this problem. 

@lama-jama 

I had the same issue - Try the following - on the Menu, Click "Window" -> New Window

The same file will open in a new window, move that window around to the center and save it and close the older window. On re-opening, this particular files opens in the center again. Unfortunately though. every other ".xls" file still opens in the corner.

@ramgo89 Are the XLS files being created by some other version of Excel or some other application/system?  It seems that the window size and position information saved in the file is not correct, so it's important to identify how the files are getting into that state.  Since the files open properly after adjusting the position of the window and then saving the file on your computer, the problem may be happening when the files are created/saved on another computer.