Xlookup Not working

Copper Contributor

All,

I am attempting to find a Customer ID using a Customer Name. However, my xlookup function fails to match records that I know have an ID associated with it. I know this because when take a name where my xlookup returned an #N/A and search for it in my source data, I can find the Customer ID.

There are some duplicate names in my source data, however, I cannot remove them. To accommodate these duplicates, I have attempted to use multiple criteria, such as Customer DOB) to find the associated Customer IDs but return the same number of #N/A results from my xlookup. Is there something I am missing about the xlookup function that could be causing this or does anybody have any ideas/thoughts?

For reference I was able to match almost 9k records that returned a Customer ID. I always like to check my results and noticed there were quite a few unsuccessful results. That is when I began searching manually.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

3 Replies

@CWsChim 

Could you attach a small sample workbook demonstrating the problem (without sensitive data), or if that is not possible, make it available through OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox or similar?

Unfortunately, I cannot share this data. It is extremely sensitive and highly confidential.

@CWsChim 

I understand, but then I don't have enough information to help you, sorry.