X-Y Scatter Plot With Labels Excel for Mac

Copper Contributor

Greetings. Excel for Mac doesn't seem to support the most basic scatter plot function - creating an X-Y plot with data labels like in the simplistic example attached. Can someone please point me towards a macro which can do this? Thank you very much in advance.

7 Replies

@CommanderLarge   Hi,

This macro should solve your problems

Rich

have you found your answer to this problem? I am dealing with the same problem and the answer below is 100% nonsense.

@msm66 Perhaps the picture below answers your question. Add data labels and format them so that you can point to a range for the labels ("Value from cells"). This is standard functionality in Excel for the Mac as far as I know.

Screenshot 2021-02-13 at 09.55.16.png

Now, this picture does not show the same label names as the picture accompanying the original post, but to me it seems correct that coordinates (1,1) = a, (2,4) = b and (1,2) = c.

this option is not available on my version. how is that possible?Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 9.29.19 PM.png

@albertkirby What version are you on?

@albertkirby Just some extra info. Found this article (link below), explaining that this feature was added to Excel for Mac in July 2020, version 16.39

https://excel.uservoice.com/forums/304933-excel-for-mac/suggestions/10819620-allow-for-personalised-... 

Have the same issue: "Values from Cells" not an option listed in Excel for Mac.  It's a 2018 version, but still to not be able to plat simple X-Y chart with text labels is kind of ridiculous.  @Riny_van_Eekelen