Wrong Stock data linked

Copper Contributor

Hello,

After being on a microsoft livechat and remote access ive been told to post here.

Ive used the Excel stock data function for hundreds of stocks without an issue until i tried getting data for 'GAN limited', this is an online gambling company which trades on the NASDAQ.

When I try to get the price of the stock it comes up as GAN Limited XNAS:GAN, which is correct, it also has the correct company description, apart from that thats the only correct data.

Although it says it links to XNAS:GAN, not only are all the figures wrong but when you click on the 'learn more on Bing' it takes you to the wrong stock. It takes you to Gan PLC, OTCM: GMMNF.

Gan limited stock is around $26 where as the stock it takes you to (Gan plc) is $2.80.

So in a nutshell, the wrong stock (Gan PLC) is linked to Gan Limited, even thought it says you're looking at Gan limited.

This has been like this for the past few months and still no change.

Any suggestions?

2 Replies

@Backs291120 - I clicked 'report data problem' every day for 6 months last year on this stock, and it has made no difference. It would appear, they don't care.

I had a similar problem. In my first column, I had the ticker symbol. I used that to generate the rest of my data. It kept giving me the wrong equity on a different exchange. So in the first column, I deleted the ticker symbol and placed instead the written name of the company that I am seeking. It worked. It then recognized what I was searching for. I hope it works for you too.