WORKDAY Function check specific location Holidays

Copper Contributor

Hi Guys

I need to set the next good business day for a calculation based on a specific holiday calendar for London for example. I have a large data set for ALL holidays. I need to return the full list of holidays as an input to the Holidays argument where the location or currency matches my data set. An XLOOKUP will only return the first value so I was investigating using a combination of MATCH, ROW and INDEX). Perhaps a simple IF statement could work

Holidays -   Optional. An optional list of one or more dates to exclude from the working calendar, such as state and federal holidays and floating holidays. The list can be either a range of cells that contain the dates or an array constant of the serial numbers that represent the dates.

example below 

=WORKDAY(23/12/2022,1,IF(London = Location, DATES A1:A20,"")

=WORKDAY(G2,1,IF(E13=Table8[[All],[CCY]],Table8[Hols],"")) returns hash VALUE

Any help much appreciated

Thanks

Rory

2 Replies

@Rory22 

Something like this may work for you. The key is the FALSE return cannot be text or you get a #VALUE error if the location is not London.

=WORKDAY(D1,1,IF(C1="London",holidays,0))
This helped to a certain extent thanks a lot. However the problem I have is that Index and Match will work when the data is structured a certain way, Match will only return a row number or column number and that would work if I had all dates for London in a single column or row but I have a table where a date is a value the location applies to each one of those. On investigating other solutions using AGGREGATE, SMALL, ROWS it seems you always need to drag the formula down to return the dates rather than a single formula returning the array..which is what I need as the input for the WORKDAY function.