Workbooks.open not working

Copper Contributor

blink1282_0-1660550692166.png

blink1282_1-1660550732795.png

When I use Workbooks.open on  VBA I get this error message. How do I fix this? Would appreciate any help.

2 Replies

@blink1282 

Object Doesn't Support this Property or Method

VBA error 438 occurs when you try to use a property or method that does not support by that object. the objects have some properties and methods that you can use but there could be a issue when using a property or method that does not apply to a particular object.

1. You could try disabling all add-ins one by one first to see if it's causing it from there.

2. Put the code in a module and start the workbook from new so you could see the line where the error occurs.Trace code execution

Otherwise, I recommend uploading/sharing the file (without sensitive data) or displaying the code where it is hanging (performing individual steps and attaching a photo) in order to be able to say more precisely.

Hope I was able to help you with this information.

NikolinoDE

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

Thanks for the help NikolinoDE. I have been able to solve the problem in that it opens my workbook but it stops the code and still gives the same error message. And so I am unable to continue the rest of my code.