Why IOS "Numbers" removes password protection from password protected MS Excel spreadsheet?

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

My operating system is Windows 10 Pro and I use Excel 2010 in my desktop.

I created a timesheet using formulas and protected it with a password, allowing employees to insert details in the certain desired cells only, so that they fill up the basic details only like date, start time, finish time and break and the set formulas do the calculation by itself.

However, most of the employees have IOS either they use their mobile or Macbook to fill up the data in the aforementioned timesheet and they don't have MS Office. The problem is when they run this timesheet with "Number" (the default program/app for excel in IOS), it automatically removes the password. Now, they are inserting data anywhere in the sheet and ending up with errors in calculation and adding extra work for me. 

However, the password protection in the timesheet is intact if it is opened in MS Excel in IOS.

Can anyone suggest how to keep the protected spreadsheet protected though it is opened in IOS "Numbers" or any other similar program/app?

Thanks in advance.

0 Replies