why doesn't Excel recognize the TEXTBEFORE() and TEXTAFTER() functions when I try to use them?

Occasional Visitor

When I attempt to use these functions, Excel returns the #NAME? error message.

8 Replies
As of today none of those functions exist, hence the #NAME? error you get
Suggest you expose what you expect to do + upload a sample with the expected result
Oh because it’s for a beta program only and not rolled out for everyone 🫣

@Muhammad_J880 

I didn't check, but most probably it's available at least on Current channel. "Latest Microsoft 365" means practically nothing, more important is it latest for your channel (semi-annual, current, etc), subscription (consumer, business, which one) and platform (Windows, Mac, Android, etc)

I can confirm it's available in Current channel. I run Current Channel (version 2210) on two devices at work and those functions have been available for several weeks at least.

@Sergei Baklan thanks Sergie. Yes, my work laptop has 2202 (semi annual) and this function isn't available. but my personal laptop has version 2210 and its working

@Muhammad_J880 

Check which channel do you have on laptop, with 2210 that's most probably Current channel. Functions shall be available on this channel. With semi-annual you have to wait, perhaps till next spring. All depends on your subscription channel.