SOLVED

Wholesale vs Retail

Copper Contributor

I need to add 25% to my wholesale to have my retail price.  How do I do that (C column is Wholesale and D column is Retail)?  Thank you in advance

4 Replies
best response confirmed by Hans Vogelaar (MVP)
Solution

@KCmentions 

Presuming sample data in C2:C9, try this one:

=C2:C9*1.25

If you're not on Excel 2021 or 365, then do this one and fill down:

=C2*1.25

Beautiful thanks so much.
You are welcome! Glad I could help.
When comparing wholesale vs. retail pricing in Excel, there are a few factors to consider. Wholesale pricing typically involves buying in bulk from a manufacturer or distributor at a discounted price and then selling the products at a markup to individual customers. Retail pricing, on the other hand, involves selling products directly to individual customers at a price that includes both the cost of the product and a markup for profit.

To calculate the pricing difference between wholesale and retail, you can use Excel formulas such as the "MARKUP" function or the "IF" function to apply different formulas depending on whether the pricing is wholesale or retail. You can also use Excel's "SUM" and "PRODUCT" functions to calculate the total cost and profit for each pricing strategy.

It's important to note that the markup for retail pricing will typically be higher than the markup for wholesale pricing, as there are additional costs such as marketing, sales commissions, and overhead expenses associated with selling products directly to individual customers. By using Excel to analyze and compare wholesale vs. retail pricing, you can make informed decisions about which pricing strategy will be most profitable for your business.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Hans Vogelaar (MVP)
Solution

@KCmentions 

Presuming sample data in C2:C9, try this one:

=C2:C9*1.25

If you're not on Excel 2021 or 365, then do this one and fill down:

=C2*1.25

View solution in original post