Which Microsoft Certification would I want for EXCEL

Copper Contributor

I am trying to figure out which specific Excel Certification I would pursue. I understand Microsoft just does the testing for the certifications, but I don’t know which of those (or two) to pursue.  Objective: I want to eventually be able to teach Excel at our college but also have the advanced Excel skills to design what is needed to improve a company’s productivity or analytical needs. Which certificates would I focus on? On both fronts, I want the certification behind what I learn and can do for my resume, to fit any profession I pursue, and to increase my value and knowledge. Then, can you make any recommendations of which company(s) to study with to help prepare for the Microsoft Certification testing?

2 Replies
You will need to write and pass Exam 70-779 Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Microsoft Excel

Thereafter, you can put in for Microsoft Certified Trainer.

You can visit the link below for more guide

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-70-779.aspx

@Abiola1 

Thank you for your response.  I checked that out a few weeks ago and it states "Update: March 26, 2020. All remaining exams associated with Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA), Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD), Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) will retire on January 31, 2021.

It further states "As we continue to grow our Microsoft role-based certification portfolio, all remaining MCSA, MCSD, MCSE certifications and associated exams are scheduled to fully retire on January 31, 2021."  

This is what prompted my question.  The MCSA, MCSD, and the MCSE will no longer be that viable and all certification is being directed to role-based certs.  The Exam 70-779 Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Microsoft Excel exam will be retired on January 31, 2021 at 11:59 PM Central Time. No one will be able to take the exam after this date.

I am willing to invest money and time to advance my skills and knowledge but I also want the work and certification to be viable in 2021 and on.  I know that the retired certs will be appreciated later as well, but its value will quickly fade in our industry.