SOLVED

Which combination of numbers from row 1 forms the sum of one of the numbers from row 2

Copper Contributor

I don't know if there is a solution for this but I'm looking for a way to group numbers that correspond to the sum of other numbers. What do I mean:

The rows consist of one (1) row of a set of numbers and one (1) row with the result of the sum of some numbers from row 1.
How do I find out which part (the sum) of the set of numbers from row 1 is equal to one of the numbers in row 2.

Example:

Schermafbeelding 2022-07-27 om 08.28.02.png

7 Replies
best response confirmed by Fun2Hike (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Fun2Hike 

How To Find All Combinations That Equal A Given Sum In Excel?

a none Microsoft site

Hope I could help you with these link.

NikolinoDE

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

Thanks for your quick response. It seems that your suggestion may be the solution. However, when entering the last formula, I get the message that there is an error in the formula.

The last formula is:
=IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(ROWS($1:1),IF(INDEX(MOD(INT((List2-1)/2^(TRANSPOSE(List1)-1)),2),MATCH(TRUE,MMULT(MOD)" (INT((List2-1)/2^(TRANSPOSE(Lijst1)-1)),2),Range1)=$C$2,0),),TRANSPOSE(List1)),0)),"X", "")

What could this be?

By the way, I have a Dutch version of Excel. Maybe something wrong notation?
Hi Harun24HR,

Could you help me on my way with this?

@Fun2Hike 

Nederlands

=ALS(ISGETAL(VERGELIJKEN(RIJEN($1:1);ALS(INDEX(REST(INTEGER((List2-1)/2^(TRANSPONEREN(List1)-1));2);VERGELIJKEN(WAAR;PRODUCTMAT(REST(INTEGER((List21)/2^(TRANSPONEREN(List1)-1));2);Range1)=$C$2;0););TRANSPONEREN(List1));0));"X";"")

don't forget after inserting the formula press Shift + Ctrl + Enter keys together.

*Your formula was entered incorrectly.

@NikolinoDE 

Dutch Excel uses ; instead of ,

Your formula is a mixture of Dutch and English

Changed it, thanks for the tipp:thumbs_up: ...will have to improve my Dutch :):smiling_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Fun2Hike (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Fun2Hike 

How To Find All Combinations That Equal A Given Sum In Excel?

a none Microsoft site

Hope I could help you with these link.

NikolinoDE

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

View solution in original post