SOLVED

Where is resize table on Macintosh

Copper Contributor

Hello. I am using Excel for Mac version 16.7, where is the resize table button? When I search in the Help menu it says that if I click on any cell in the table a Table Tools option appears.

Screenshot 2023-02-18 at 12.52.43 PM.png

I can not duplicate this. It also does not appear when I right click. Thanks for any help.

Screenshot 2023-02-18 at 12.54.49 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-02-18 at 12.54.32 PM.png

4 Replies
Hello @bmcminn,
If you click anywhere in the table, and look at the last cell do you see a handle at the lower right hand corner of the last cell in the table?
Yes this is a manual way but its one way for now before we can get you a better answer.
That only lets me add to the right. I was trying to add a column to the left. My workaround was to turn the table into a range, then select all the desired columns, and turn them into a table. My concern though was if the first table was referenced somewhere it would break the function.
best response confirmed by bmcminn (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@bmcminn Select any cell in the first column. Right-click (or two finger click on the track pad) and select Insert, Table Column to the Left.

Screenshot 2023-02-19 at 07.18.08.png

Thank you. Exactly what I needed.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by bmcminn (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@bmcminn Select any cell in the first column. Right-click (or two finger click on the track pad) and select Insert, Table Column to the Left.

Screenshot 2023-02-19 at 07.18.08.png

View solution in original post