When Power query loads data, it skips a manual data entry. How to solve it (URGENT)

Brass Contributor

This one is tough to explain, let me try.

I'm importing customer names into a table, via power query.
In that same Table, I've attached columns, where I put in Manual product quantities.

Every time I refresh the updated customer list, the manual data from the last row gets carried forward
After refreshing quanties of "nidhi garg" got transferred to "payas bansal" in the last row

How can I sort this?
I couldn't sent the file, due to a lot of data connections.

Before Refreshing, check the quantities for "nidhi garg" forBefore Refreshing, check the quantities for "nidhi garg" forAfter Refreshing, qty of "nidhi garg" got transferred to the last row "payas bansal"After Refreshing, qty of "nidhi garg" got transferred to the last row "payas bansal"@Sergei Baklan @Hans Vogelaar @Peter Bartholomew 

1 Reply

@Nishkarsh31 You can't just manually add columns to a PQ loaded table and expect PQ to pick up and keep track of the extra columns upon a refresh next time. You need to somehow include the new columns in another query that is then merged with the original one. The link below is to a thread from January 2021 where a similar question was answered. Not very straight-forward and other, but similar, techniques are to be found on the web.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/excel/combine-power-query-output-table-with-manually-maintain...