When items in drop down menu are selected, their value is added to the next cell

Copper Contributor

Hi, 

I'm not too sure how to go about this, so I'd appreciate any suggestions.

I am trying to make a running sheet of the work orders I've completed, job codes in each work order, the $ amount of each code, the total $ of the codes added, and its status (awaiting payment/paid).

I've created a workbook with the required columns of information - date, job no., work order, address, job codes claimed, job code rates, job total and status.

I created a second sheet which lists all the job codes and their $ rate and under Job codes claimed, i've created a drop down menu which allows multiple items to be selected from that list, displaying each on a separate line in that cell.

How do I go about getting the $ rate of each of the codes selected in the drop down list to be listed in the next cell (displaying each value on a separate line in that cell)?

How would I then create a formula to add all those selected values and display the total in the next cell?

With every row being a separate job, I would need to apply this to every row.

Thanks

Steve

1 Reply
It sounds like you need to look into using a FILTER function (Office 365) to filter your data, or an Advanced Filter in earlier versions. To get your summary numbers, a SUMIFS and/or COUNTIFS should suffice.