When I run macro to fetch data from csv file, the source csv file becomes blank in newer office 365

Copper Contributor

Hi, 

I have been using Office 365 since 2017-18. I am using macro to fetch data from xls, xlsx and csv workbooks with only one worksheet in each workbook from OneDrive folder which is synced with my account to update a dashboard prepared in excel. Some macros were created in Office 365 version 2002 (Build 12527.21104). These are running successfully on that version of Office 365. But when I am running macro from the same worksheet in newer versions of Office 365,the data in  the source worksheet is getting deleted and the file is getting blank and file size is becoming zero(0) in OneDrive folders. Then I have to restore the source with older version for each workbook in OneDrive folders. This is only happening for new version of Office 365 like 2102 (Build 13801.20738) which I have checked repeatedly. I have tried in 4-5 different system with different versions of Office 365. I also have tried with creating new worksheet and new macro. But problem still persists with newer Office 365. Am I missing something in the new version of Office 365 or some changes to be done in excel ? 

Please help. Thanks in advance

0 Replies