What's the best way to visualize this data?

Copper Contributor

I have tracked my mood and habits over the past year:

Mood has been visualized as follows (1-5, 5 being best, tracked daily, averaged out over month):

mood.JPG

1.JPG

Habits have been tracked as follows, just not sure how I would visualize this in a chart?

fffff.JPG

Would there be any way to cross reference the mood vs habits in a chart as well?

Thanks for any help!

1 Reply

@May_Triggson 

The Excel Pivot Table is made for cross-tabulating things like that. You'd find it a lot easier, however, if you collected the two sets of data in a single table.

I'd personally recommend expanding the number of columns in that first table to show which behavior (some clearly are "habits" but others are less so; "behaviors" strikes me as the more inclusive term for them all...anyway, create a separate column for each, and maybe even consider categorizing those behaviors/habits as "positive" or "negative" or "neutral" --- or "constructive" vs "destructive" -- or is that what you're trying to establish?

Anyway, since you clearly already have a spreadsheet, if you'd like more pointers on creating the Pivot Table, you'd help us help you by posting the spreadsheet itself rather than just images of it.