SOLVED

Weekly duplicate

Copper Contributor

Good day, all.  

I am trying to have a column in excel where it only allows me to enter (let's say)an ID once a week lets say if i enter the ID on Monday, i can not enter again until the next Monday. I've been all over the internet and can not find any help.  Please help.

Thank you 

Hombreck

3 Replies

@HOMBRECK 

This can probably be done with data validation, but it would help if you could attach a sample workbook (without sensitive data), or if that is not possible, make it available through OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox or similar? Thanks in advance.

best response confirmed by Grahmfs13 (Microsoft)
Solution

@HOMBRECK 

Number validation based on the cell above would be one option

image.png

I would also recommend setting the error alert to 'Warning' rather than 'Stop'.  I contend that the idea is to inform and help your users, not annoy them to the point where they delete your data validation rules.

image.png

@Peter Bartholomew  thank you very much for your help. I got it to work.  I just have another question if I can.  I have a excel file that I locked the sheets but now I’m stuck because I can unlock it because I forgot the password.  I tried everything that I could find on the internet on how to remove the password but nothing works. 

Thank you

hombreck 

Thank you

hombreck 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Grahmfs13 (Microsoft)
Solution

@HOMBRECK 

Number validation based on the cell above would be one option

image.png

I would also recommend setting the error alert to 'Warning' rather than 'Stop'.  I contend that the idea is to inform and help your users, not annoy them to the point where they delete your data validation rules.

image.png

View solution in original post