Want to Convert Excel Files

Copper Contributor

Hello Seniors! I saw a tool for converting XLSX Files online today and I upload my files there to get converted, but then after a while once the files got completed and I checked; there was nothin got changes. 

OR, please do let me know the proper procedure to convert xlsx files for free online???

5 Replies

@Juren215 

I am personally not familiar with this tool.

I would recommend contacting the manufacturer of the tool, who should know best why and how this problem comes about.

What and how exactly do you want to convert?

From xls to xlsx, or xlsx to xls, or xml to xlsx, etc.

Here is some additional information on the subject of file conversion.

Use Excel with earlier versions of Excel

Save a workbook in another file format

Hope I was able to help you with this info.

NikolinoDE

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

yes i agree with @NikolinoDE,
what file you eant to convert to?

it says
xls files are generally those which are saved for excel 2007 and before
xlsx files are for excel 2007 and after versions

XML is a cornerstone of the XLSX file format, serving as the medium to represent both the data and its styling. This schema is complex and is organized to depict rows, columns, cells, styles, and even advanced features like charts and pivot tables effectively. You can see more on File-Types.

Certainly, you can convert Excel files from one format to another or perform various operations on them using Microsoft Excel or other software tools. Here are some common tasks related to converting Excel files:

**1. Converting Excel File Formats:**

- **Save As**: Open the Excel file, go to "File" > "Save As," and choose a different format from the dropdown menu. Common formats include XLSX, XLS (older Excel format), CSV (Comma-Separated Values), PDF, and more.

**2. Converting Excel to Other Formats:**

- **Excel to PDF**: You can save an Excel file as a PDF by choosing "PDF" as the format when using the "Save As" option.

- **Excel to CSV**: You can save an Excel file as a CSV file, which is a plain text format, by selecting "CSV" as the format when using "Save As." Excel allows you to choose between different CSV formats (e.g., comma-separated, tab-separated).

**3. Batch Conversions:**

- If you have multiple Excel files to convert, you can use Excel's built-in batch processing features or consider using third-party tools or scripts to automate the process.

**4. Converting Excel to Other Data Formats:**

- You can convert Excel data to various data formats such as JSON, XML, or database formats like SQL. This often requires custom coding or third-party tools.

**5. Converting Excel to Graphs and Charts:**

- Excel allows you to create various types of charts and graphs based on the data in your Excel spreadsheets. These visual representations can be saved as images or copied into other documents.

**6. Converting Excel to Web-Based Tables:**

- You can embed Excel data into web pages or convert Excel tables to HTML format for online display.

**7. Automating Data Import and Export:**

- Excel supports automating data import and export through features like Power Query and VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) macros. These allow you to connect to external data sources and automate data transformations.

**8. Convert Excel Functions and Formulas:**

- Excel formulas and functions can be used to perform calculations and data manipulations. You can use these functions to transform and convert data within Excel.

**9. Data Transformation and Cleaning:**

- Excel can be used to clean and transform data. For example, you can split cells, remove duplicates, and perform other data cleansing tasks.

Please provide more specific details about the type of conversion or operation you'd like to perform on Excel files, and I can provide more detailed guidance if needed.

Will be back again frequently to check up on new posts. NYC limo service