SOLVED

VLOOKUP

Copper Contributor

Howdy Team!

I am trying to add VLOOKUP to a spreadsheet.  I have place the created a formula to assign a number to drop down list items.  For example, upon selecting 750mL from a drop down list, I have added a VLOOKUP formula that assigns a value of 25.36oz to 750mL.  I set up the information needed to assign value on the drop down menu in a data validation chart.

My challenge is that I am unable to copy this formula onto the hundred or so items listed on the spreadsheet. How can I copy this formula without it changing the formula cells that are assigned to the data validation chart?  Right now I am having to change each formula manually.

Thank You for your Assistance,

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Hans Vogelaar (MVP)
Solution
It's difficult to interpret exactly what you require from your post, however, it does sound like you may benefit from the use of 'absolute references' in your formula. The addition of a dollar sign in front of a column and / or row reference, within the formula, will fix the reference point.
=VLOOKUP(B7,formulas!A4:B6,2,FALSE)

B7 will need to change but i need the rest of the formula to stay as is. Where would the $ need to be placed?

Thank You
I figured it out with your direction. Thank You for your help!!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Hans Vogelaar (MVP)
Solution
It's difficult to interpret exactly what you require from your post, however, it does sound like you may benefit from the use of 'absolute references' in your formula. The addition of a dollar sign in front of a column and / or row reference, within the formula, will fix the reference point.

View solution in original post