SOLVED

VLOOKUP with SUM function

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I would like to use vertical search in combination with the sum function in multiple tabs.

The goal is that I can see exactly how many people have eaten in the green tab.

Example:

TAB 12/19/2022

WX1109076

has 1 dinner

TAB 20-12-2022

WX1109076

has 1 diner

TAB Results (green)

WX1109076 has 2 dinner 

Formula:

=SUM(VLOOKUP([@ID];Table19;4;FALSE))

But unfortunately 1 is always standing. How do I solve this?

Thank you in advance.

Yours sincerely,

FreddyJay

screenshot1.pngscreenshot 2.pngscreenshot 3.png

3 Replies

@FreddyJayNL Perhaps I misunderstand, but your formula only looks up a value in one table. Table19, that is. You'd need to include Table20 (I presume) as well. Something like this:

=VLOOKUP([@ID];Table19;4;FALSE))+VLOOKUP([@ID];Table20;4;FALSE)

No need for a SUM function, by the way. But maybe smarter to not use separate tabs for each date. Put all in one larger table that contains a column for the date. That would probably make it much easier to summarize/analyze the data. Just a suggestion.

@Riny_van_Eekelen

There are IDs who have eaten breakfast/lunch/dinner on several days.
I would like to have a formula search for ID and add together what that ID has consumed.

An example:
ID : WX1109076
19-12-2022 and 22-12-2022 : Dinner
19-12-2022 and 21-12-2022: Lunch

I want on the result sheet:

IDOntbijtLunchDinerTotaal
WX11090760224

best response confirmed by FreddyJayNL (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@FreddyJayNL I responded to your PM. Consider to post your file and my answer (be it in Dutch) here for others to see. Or not. That's up to you.

Edit: The accepted solution is to use Power Query to connect to all individual tables, combine them and then Group and Sum by ID for all relevant columns.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by FreddyJayNL (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@FreddyJayNL I responded to your PM. Consider to post your file and my answer (be it in Dutch) here for others to see. Or not. That's up to you.

Edit: The accepted solution is to use Power Query to connect to all individual tables, combine them and then Group and Sum by ID for all relevant columns.

View solution in original post